Don't look for your damned inspiration here!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Podfitness.com

I've always felt a little out of place when trying to lift weights at the gym. I see a lot of guys pumping iron, looking like they, too, have no idea what they're doing but by dangit! they're going to pump iron because that's what guys do! So I think that the majority of iron pumpers at the gym are either faking it or looking ridiculous (or both).

Enter podfitness.com. I downloaded a free trial the other day. It's basically a "plugin" to iTunes. You fill out a fitness profile which includes your goals, desired workout time, weight, etc. From this profile you select from a list of workout routines from America's top trainers that typically last anywhere from 8-16 weeks, 2-6 days a week. Each workout routine builds upon the last and you use the songs in your iTunes playlists (except for those pesky copyright encoded songs).

In the 5 days that I've been using this program I've had the most intense workouts of my life! It truly is like a personal trainer, pushing me and instructing me each step of the way. Of course, there are a few things that I'm not able to do - but I just modify it so I can do it and it's still difficult for me. I'm alternating cardio and weight training workouts. No longer do I look like a freak in the gym (no comments, Buckley!).

There are a few bugs in the program - after all, it's new. The guy who I've been corresponding with at podfitness ensures me that their programmers are working around the clock (literally) to work out the bugs. Another drawback is its $19.95/month price tag - a little pricey for a buggy program (however much cheaper than a personal trainer). But I got a pretty good raise today so I'm indulging myself. For all who are interested, the free 3-day trial code is "3JPX2".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home