Don't look for your damned inspiration here!

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

And so it begins...

Today I went in for my pre-op appointment with Dr. Hansen. Handsome fella (wink wink, I know you're reading this, Dr. Hansen). He answered all of my neurotic questions about band slippage. I suggested he let people know that they have a better chance of losing 100% of their excess weight than their band slipping. He just laughed at me. Is that a bad sign?

Anyhow, I realized I'm exactly the weight I thought I was: 304 pounds! OK, and for everyone I've given this URL to, if you tell anyone my weight I'll hunt you down and kill you like the dog you are! I also set my "goal" weight of 204 pounds today. Think of it as a "mini" goal (for those of you who think I'm pessimistic). I'm quite sure I'll meet my goal if I decide to finally get organized in life. Oh yes, it will be mine.

I also joined a gym today. Not quite sure what to say about this because, despite being an excellent facility, I didn't get the happy, excited feeling when I signed up. I actually sort of had a pit in my stomach. Bad sign? I'll make sure to follow up on that. I just really want to get going on weight training before next Monday (so I can hurry up and wait after the surgery, no less).

1 Comments:

  • At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hilarious - loved the banner :P Good luck with the surgery. I look forward to reading this as you go along.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home