Don't look for your damned inspiration here!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

To Be or Not to Be, That is the Question

For a little while now I've had this urge to serve humanity somehow. I haven't really known what I need to do and thus haven't done anything about it. So, a few weeks ago, after a long conversation about health, I think I realized what it was that I need to do. I want to be a Physician's Assistant (PA). See, I used to work at a hospital in SLC in the E.R. I learned to love it there. I got my CNA at the hospital and then started clerking in the back of the ER. I think I'd make a good PA. Even now, instead of reading fiction, I read books about amino acids and liver functionality and exercise physiology. People think I'm weird, but it's what I like. And I think it would be very rewarding and give me the opportunity to serve.

Applying to medical school is the hard part. The University of Utah has 32 openings and roughly 560 applicants each year. My odds are not good, ecspecially for having such a limited medical background. Apparently most applicants are nurses. I suppose I can always apply and see what happens. In the meantime I'll apply to the Nursing department on campus - I'm pretty sure I'll get into that. I may have to get my nursing BSA before a PA degree.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Marion Jensen said…

    In the first sentence I thought you said, "sever humanity".

    I though, "wow, that's violent". But then I got what you meant.

    I'm so stuipid.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home