Don't look for your damned inspiration here!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

BodyBugg

I bought a new toy yesterday; it's called BodyBugg. It tracks exactly how many calories I'm expending. I just wear it on my arm all day and it keeps tracking. THIS is what I've been looking for to determine the best course of workout I should be doing. Finally I can tell people with confidence whether or not 20 minutes of interval training is actually more effective than 40 minutes low-intensity training. I know initially that 40 minutes will burn more calories, but my contention has always been that the interval training continues to burn more calories after the workout - much more so than low-intensity training.

This bodybugg thing will track calories burned, calories expended, works as a pedometer, allows you to track intake every day and, based on your goals, suggets calorie defecits and allows you to see how much of a defecit you have each day and before each meal, isolates activities within your schedule, looks for trends, makes your bed and brushes your teeth every day. Oh, wait, scratch those last two. The trainer I talked with said I only know 5% of what it can do and I'm already excited about it. I think he's getting a commission. I paid the low, low price of $495 for this little bug - for that price I better not be able to squash it like one.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so, I think this is cool. Who knew I've been working with you all this time and didn't know you had aquired bugs though?

    I really think you are an inspiration. In fact, I just sent you a virtual salad. Pretty quirky, but I got a kick out of it nonetheless. And, the stuff about medical school and your interests; you are right. You are a fountain of unusual information. I love how knowledgeable you are about so much health related trivia, and again, really admire it -- in this weird sort of way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home