Don't look for your damned inspiration here!

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Last Meal Syndrome

So today's the day (technically, since it's 12:27 AM) that I get my band. I'm so nervous right now. I can only think of the bad things that could happen as a result of getting the band. What if I don't lose weight? What if the band slips? What if I can't keep food down? I keep mulling all these questions over in my head. In my heart I know it's the right decision, though. I just wish I was over and done with it already.

So there's this "syndrome" for pre-bandsters, they call it "Last Meal Syndrome." I rather like the phrase, as I've been referring to today as "doomsday" for some time now. Last Meal Syndrome is where you go out and eat everything in sight right before surgery because you know you're never going to eat like that again. Now, I've never experienced this syndrome as of yet, and it's too late now. However, I remembered at 11:30 PM yesterday (an hour ago and 1/2 hour before I can't eat any more) that my favorite thing is a grilled chicken salad sandwich with fresh onions and tomatoes. So... I had two! So if anyone lives in the vicinity, or feels like getting shipped some garden vegetables, let me know. They'll be long gone before I can eat them again anyway. That is all for now.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Marion Jensen said…

    I grew a garden, so I'd like to say that this is the time of year that I have vegetables growing out the wazoo... But I don't. My green thumb is more a mauve...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home