Don't look for your damned inspiration here!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Is this for real?

I'm a little out of it right now, so I figured I'd blog! What a better way to share one's delusions.

Well, I was banded yesterday at about 1:30 PM. When I woke up I was really out of it and I vaguely remember talking the poor nurses's ear off. Anesthesia seems to do that to me. I think I said some fairly embarassing things, but whatever, I think she get that a lot. I was not in a lot of pain when I woke up, but about 1/2 hour later I was. The pain kept up for that whole day and into the night, but today it's much better. The gas is killing me, though.

Later on last night I got a call on my cell phone from a client's sister. She was angry because her sister's video was WAY past due, which I've fairly admitted to, but I have also refunded the client's money and offered extra videos. But the client's sister was relentless, despite the fact that I told her I'd JUST had surgery and couldn't really talk. She was heartless. I am SO glad I didn't do her video, too.

So... I'm on the other side now, and happy to be so. I just need to remember to drink water. I keep forgetting.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so, as horrible as having someone jar you to the present with business, at least that's a sign. It's a sign of reality, that you made it through the surgery. Seriously, it would be much worse if you came to and everyone was in white, speaking in soft tones; yeah? Hey, I've been thinking about you often, so I was glad to get on and see a post (clearly I'm an a blog outsider, is that geeky lingo?) So glad to hear you came thru it pretty well. Sorry about the pain -- that's a real pain! (sorry!) And, at the risk of being sickeningly optomistic, once again it's a sign. The pain means, 'yeah, I just made it through this tough thing. Here I am.' Much better than the alternative. Keep us updated!

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    okay to prove I'm new at this, I thought I checked 'other', not anonymous. I have an identity; I know who I am!

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Marion Jensen said…

    Nice to see you back to your usual self. Are you sure you're wacky on medicine? You seem to be acting perfectly normal to me. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home