Don't look for your damned inspiration here!

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Training on 2/24

Okay, I haven't OFFICIALLY started my training for the Midway Tri, but I've still been workin like a mofo. I ate terribly yesterday. Probably downed a good 2,800 calories. I burned only 2,400, so I have to make it up today. Damn. On the plus side of things, I've burned already 2,200 calories as of 1:30 PM. Here's why:

Today's training: Bricks
Bike: 17.5 k
Run: 5k
Total train time: 1.5 h which SUCKS ROCKS!

But it's not bad considering it's only been 6 weeks since the dreaded lower body lift. I averaged a 12 minute mile for the 40 minutes that I ran and averaged 24.6k/h on the bike, but I did hit several lights along the way. When it warms up I'll start doing the longer distances without the lights. Ben, a guy I used to date, apparently has a nice road bike now and is doing the route that I want to start taking daily. I wish he'd friggin answer my text message. I'm NOT really interested in dating him any more, I just want someone who does that route and is willing to work it hard to go with. And I know the boy has unlimited time until August to do it. I also know he works it hard. He's in tip-top shape. But I sorta didn't know HOW to date when I dated him, and did all the wrong stupid things. I'm sure he thinks I'm quasi-unstable because of my dating un-know-how. PLUS, I was like 50 pounds heavier when I dated him. I probably wouldn't call me back, either!

I'm looking forward to the break day tomorrow. My joints are paying a price from the 5k every day. However, I have been refraining from running on swim days! I really, really hated swimming when I started a week ago. I couldn't get the breathing down, the technique sucked... but then I joined the swim club on Tuesday. They meet Tuesdays & Thursdays. I cannot tell you how much I've improved in just those two sessions. The coach stops me at every lap and gives me suggestions/drills. The breathing has improved 500%, literally! I can go 5 strokes without breathing, albeit slow. My technique has also greatly improved. I'm noticing that I can go for several more laps in the same time frame. So this is encouraging. I might actually learn to like swimming!

Okay, back to phys ed: I hired a personal trainer at my gym. It's this HOT guy that trained me when I first bought my BodyBugg. He's married, though :( But we had a long talk the other day when I came in. We're pretty tight now, apparently. He gave me some encouraging advice about there being "other fish in the sea." I hate that statement. I said, "not when you're 28 and you live in Utah." To which he responded enthusiastically, "I'M 28!" To which I, equally enthusiastically responded, "Yeah, but you're not in the sea!" He then sorta looked down, as if to say "oh... yeah." LOL. He seems to think there's plenty of good 28-year-old men out there because HE is 28. But he forgets that he was 'caught' earlier than that. I just have to trust that the Lord will provide a way. It will take a freakin miracle at this point, but He has the power to do anything, if I will just have faith and PATIENCE.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You don't know me but I have been reading your blog for awhile after seeing a link from one of your posts at a lap band board. I also live in Utah. I just got married this past July at age 32 and I can assure you that your trainer speaks the truth. Plenty of fish in the sea here in Utah, you just have to be patient and make sure you find just the one you want. Don't settle, girl.
    Your transformation- not just physically- is insipring and I just wanted you to know that you may not know it, but people are aware you and of how far you have come and without even knowing you- I am proud of you. You are doing great and you have cheering squads that you cannot see- rooting for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home