Don't look for your damned inspiration here!

Monday, February 12, 2007

Guess it's kinda rainin men again

WHY oh why does it rain men when I don't want it to and why is there a drought when I want the men? I swear, it's a freakin enigma. Bike shop boy asked me out for Wednesday, but Wednesday=Valentine's day and that just seems a little too committal for a first date for me, so we're leaving it at Thursday night after Institute. I'm a little relieved. He's cute and all, but a little to eccentric for me. His goal in life is to be a game show host. I'm not kidding. He's going into communications up at the University so he can live those dreams. Hey, whatever floats your boat.

And then there's doctor boy: My mom's boss's cute doctor-intern son. He's apparently 29 and not married because he's been focused on med school. I'm hoping he'll be a nice fella. His dad is nice so I'm assuming he is, too.

I guess that's it for the men department right now. I suppose Felix will call for his 2nd date like he said he would, but it definitely won't go anywhere with him. He was nice enough to go on a 2nd date with, and I'll give people a chance if they're at least nice, but no sparks with him.

Anyhow, like I said before, I want to have time right now to focus on fixing myself on the inside. It's obvious to me at this point that I have some issues that have been latent for awhile and theyr'e now coming out. I've always been the happy fat girl. Now that the layers that were hiding me have gone, the issues I had before, issues that probably made me fat in the first place, are surfacing. They are things like lack of self-worth and attractiveness, and feeling like my personality just isn't good enough. Let's be honest: The fact that I've recently been rejected by 2 men (Kori was one, who rejected me in the worst possible way after I broke up with him, and Tony who hasn't called back after we talked straight for a month and went out again last Wednesday). Problem is that I don't know what my problem is exactly, so how do I fix it?

My friend introduced me to Neuro Linguistic Programming. She thinks that, with the power of prayer and serious scripture study, might just help. I tend to agree. We'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home