Don't look for your damned inspiration here!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

If you get a tummy tuck, don't get a cold

I have been sneezing all day. Do you have any idea what that does to someone who just had a tummy tuck??? Who woulda thunk that sneezing used so many abdominal muscles? While I think sneezing is snazzy (it's right up there with chocolate and sex and I think people who stifle their sneezes must have something wrong with them), I have that little abdominal repercussion now. I'm so glad I didn't get sick 3 weeks ago, though. HELLO!

I went to my cycling class on Monday. Yup. I totally sucked. But I realize that it was the first time I'd exercised since getting the lower body lift and my body just doesn't have the same energy it had prior. In fact, I started to get sick on Monday, too, so that was added. Tonight I did no exercise, though I wanted to. Instead I had dinner with an old missionary companion at Maddox (mm mm good). She looked exactly the same, only she'd had two kids. Her personality was the same, too. We got along as friends on the mission, but as companions we had a hard time because we are both determined to do what we want to do. But it was really good to see her again. She's doing well.

I bought a new swimsuit today to get ready for the swimming training for the triathlon. I'm no good at swimming, so I got two books on 'how to swim' from the library. I can practice the strokes on land and then get real practice once in the water. That means I have to wake up at 6 am tomorrow! Ugh. But I'll look freaking hot in my new swimsuit. I'll have to take a pic and post it. It's boyshort fabulous. I also bought new bike shorts and shirt to get ready to start outdoor cycling again in my new size. They were 8's and fit awesome. This is just incredible to me. In fact, I told a colleague today that I wanted to lose 15 more pounds once I'm healed from this surgery and she said, "WHERE are you going to lose 15 pounds?" Coming from her, it meant something. She's usually brutally honest, and often hurtfully honest (like she told me RIGHT after that my new shirts are incredibly form-fittingly tight LOL). This lower body lift thing is just amazing. It was overnight transformation into somebody I've never seen before. I've never, ever seen a Georgia this skinny before. Never. I seem to not quite know how to handle it. For example, I'm still leary about meeting blind dates that friends set me up with because I'm afraid they'll see me and think I'm too fat. The other day I finally realized I'm up in the night with it. I'm a totally normal size. I'm not "slender", but I'm perfectly normal, and have curves. My curves look good so I'm sticking with them. Yeah, I still DO want to lose 15 more pounds after the swelling is gone (it'll take me down to about 135-140), but I think that will be optimum for the fitness level I want to be at. And yeah, I'll be honest, a little bit of it is about obsession.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home