Don't look for your damned inspiration here!

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Oh me of little faith

So I went out with Tony again tonight. I tried to put Tony into the 'friend' zone the other day, but tonight I took him back out of the friend zone. He's just too charming in so many ways. I thought before that he didn't 'get' me, which is so important to me, despite whatevery they look like, but I realized last night that he does. He's very kind and understanding, albeit incredibly competitive. It just took at little time to see it. We had fun. We just watched Zoolander in his room and then talked forever. He's so incredibly good looking and athletic. I fall for the type. But he's also very sweet. He checked up on me every day while I was at home for my lower body lift, bought me ice cream when I cried to him over Kori (yeah, I was having a rough day and he offered to be my 'counselor'). I guess I was too wrapped up in Kori and getting over him to see that Tony is an amazing person. He definitely has his past like I do, but NO addictions and he's so faithful now. He was a perfect gentleman tonight. He is 27 and has a lot going for him. Never been married (which my mom loves). And my grandma absolutely loves him, which is a good sign ;)

Anyhow, I do hope he calls me again. We talk nearly every day anyway. But tonight was less 'friend-zone-like' and more date-like (because of the movie cuddling, but NO KISSING). That moves things into different territory. But I'm going to wait for him to call me. If he doesn't, I won't freak out. It was another experience in trusting that the Lord will open your eyes if you have trust in Him. I can see light at the end of this heartbreak tunnel, even if it doesn't work out with Tony. Heck, I got asked out today by the guy at the Bike Shoppe who looks like Cillian Murphy LOL. I said 'sure', a little hestiantly. Don't know why I hestitated. He's a nice guy and he was cute. He sold me bike clips and the shoes to match. At the register he asked me why I was doing the triathlon in Edmonton and I said, "Well, because I had a boyfriend up there and I wanted to do it anyway before I met him," and then he was like "had?..." From then on I could tell he was moving into that whole 'ask her out' territory. He was funny - at the end of the purchase he goes, "well heck, I'll go out on a limb and ask you out. You seem like a lot of fun. Do you wanna go out this Friday?" I sort of laughed because I have a date with my cousin's brohter-in-law this Friday, who is also really athletic, good lookin, and has repented of some past transgressions and is SO strong in the Gospel now. But he's very quiet. We'll see if he opens up. Then last Sunday another guy at church was acting like he wanted to ask me out. He didn't. I think he's shy. But I'll give it a little time. He's a VERY, VERY cute guy with black hair and crystal blue eyes, and he gets my sarcasm. We'll see how this all goes. I'm going to stop telling people my age and see what happens. But I can't believe this flood of men coming out of the woodwork sort of randomly. Joey (my Itallian stallion) hasn't called since our last date. But that's okay. No sparks with him anyway.

Anyhow, I know the Lord answers our prayers. I have not been bearing this trial with much patience, and I need to. But He is blessing me anyway and I don't know why. I feel like such an ungrateful daughter of Him who only wants the best for me. I pray daily to desire His will, because right now I just seem to want Georgia's will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home