Don't look for your damned inspiration here!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Back with the land of the living

So... I just watched 28 Days Later. So among the land of the living means not infected with the rage virus. I just have old-fashioned rage. You know, the good kind.

Well, I went to the gym today for my first post-band workout. I was ready to start working out again, but I must admit that my energy puttered out at about 15 minutes, though I went for 25. I can usually carry on a good half hour. I guess that means I'm human (and not that crazed robot I thought I was).

I also got on the scale. Are you ready? (Drumroll please) 293.5!

This probably means I've lost 5 pounds of water, 2 pounds of muscle and 3 pounds of fat. But whatever! I'm happy. I know it won't always be like this and I also know that I'll probably gain at least 5 pounds back in the next couple weeks, but for now, I'm going to bask in the glory of it all. Hey, that means I'm at 1/10 of my primary goal! Can I please have 10 more weeks of this?

You know, I've got that silly itch again. I get it every once in awhile. It's that itch to CREATE! I don't know, maybe something inspries me, like good acting, and I just HAVE to make a movie. Saying "shut up, brain" doesn't work in this case like it usually does. Along with this itch usually comes the itch to start playing jazz viola again, too. So, how about it, Buckley, got any good script ideas lately? Let's do it!

Did I mention I want to start acting, too. I'm going to pull a Tobias. But really, I just want to learn how to act REALLY WELL so I can direct it, and maybe play in my own movies. I also think community theater would be really fun. Maybe my dad could hook me up with Danny Boyle. He must have a connection. After all, he played in one of his movies (not 28 Days Later). Ooh, maybe I could move to London! OK, that would be fun. (shut up, brain, shut up, brain, shut up, brain)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Marion Jensen said…

    About 2 months ago I was hauling about 800 pounds of weeds, limbs, and other garbage into a dumpster behind my house. I was doing it at 1:00 in the morning. No, it wasn't illegal, it was (and is) a long story.

    Anyway, I thought, "Wouldn't it be fun to make a movie entirely in a 10X10 storage shed. With the door closed.

    "That would be about as exciting as watching the migratory patterns of head lice," you probably thought. And that was my first thought as well. But you really might be able to have fun with it. You wouldn't have to worry about a lot of setup and take down. There are only so many 'angles' you can shoot in a shed. The movie (probably a short, because nobody could sit through 1.5 hours of a storage shed) would have to rely on brilliant acting and brilliant script writing.

    It would a movie about a film maker trying to make a movie in a storage shed, and all the problems she encounters. For example, another film crew comes to make the documentary of the film in a storage shed. It ends with cursing and shouting (because hey, there is only so much room in a shed that size) and the documentary crew getting kicked out (they proclaim loudly that this is the worst idea in cinema history).

    It could actualyl go in any number of dicretions. It might be fun to hold 'auditions' in the shed, and the actors trying to get into the part while bumping into the gaffer or something.

    Could be fun.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Georgie Porgie said…

    Well, you're a brilliant scriptwriter, Buckeley, and I think you'd be a brilliant actor, too. So maybe you could write the script and star in it. You could be the "director" of the shed. LOL. The only thing is that we'd have to have like double the equipment we currently have. Maybe we can recruit some local filmmakers to let us borrow their equipment if they want to be in it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home