Don't look for your damned inspiration here!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Something is not right

I'm bleeding internally. I don't know what from and neither do the docs. But my blood levels are OK, so I guess I'll just deal with it.

Ok, Buckley, I know you read this so I'm going to try to pursuade you online. I think we should revisit "The Light." I figured out a way to do the opening sequence (without the use of a tricycle or contorting one's body in some unhuman way). Yes, and I think we should add a little more depth to the main character, even though it's a short. In addition to that, and I hope you will concur, I think you should play the lead. Something about you tells me that you'd be a brilliant actor. Maybe it's your depth in character and personality, and the fact that you thoroughly research everything you do and you're very creative. I think we could shoot it in a few days, really. I have it all written out in my head and I think we should do a bleach bypass look on the "drip drip" girl, you know, that sort of surreal feel, like the character's mind. I think we should shoot most of it the way the lead would see it in his crazed brain, and then every once in awhile flash back to the reality of his childhood to further reveal him. I found a guy who's willing to do the CG effects. He's very good, and he goes to my ward, and I think he'll do it for free.

If we only take a few days to shoot, get the lighting and set, set up quickly (because we're much better at that now), take stills for continuity, use my handy steadicam and a lot of handheld, and possibly get a 2nd camera and cameraman (or Andrea), then I think we can pull off this bad boy. I still want Andrea to do the set, though. I think she has a good eye for continuity, too. I'm not going to ask Mark Maxson to do the soundtrack any more. I'm just going to do it. I have the background for it anyway. We can shoot everything without the girl first and then shoot the scenes with the girl later, when we can find someone to play her. There's this girl I know who I've seen act before (only in classroom exercises) and she has a real gift for it. She als has a penchant for the "F" word, but other than that she's great. After that, let's do a comedy and see how we fair at that game.

So what say ye? (say yes)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Marion Jensen said…

    I'm down with that. I lost the screenplay when I lost my hard drive, but if you have it worked out in your head, I say let's do it. You'd have to give me a lot of direction, because I've never acted, but I think it would be fun.

    I'll do some research on the character tonight. I'll go snooping around people's back yard. Maybe I'll go stalk Sandry since she might not press charges if I'm caught. She would only beat me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home