Don't look for your damned inspiration here!

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A Haiku for you

My ability
To think is lost forever
I've nothing to say

Actually, that's a lie. I always have plenty to say. But first, a question: Is I've one word or two? Because if it's two, the above "poem" is not a Haiku but a bunch of meaningless meanderings. It's like playing poker and having a straight flush with one card in a different suit.

Today I went to the gym and did some upper-body weight training. It kicked my proverbial butt. I am barely typing right now as my arms want to drop to my side and never move again. But I also weighed myself. Down 20 pounds. Gotta love this whole weighing thing when the evil scale is on your side. My dad says to me today, "Just think, this time next year we'll be saying, 'Where's Georgia? Oh, there she is, behind that telephone pole.'" Ha ha (she said sarcastically). I'm sooooooo slight.

So I met with my two wonderfully creative and fun friends today for Buckley's birthday lunch. Buckley gave me a lift home and gave me some great suggestions for the funeral scene. We huddle people in the funeral and shoot their backs. And then we move to a car (donated by Mr. Atkinson himself! Harrrrrr) where we see the boy and his father sit. The father (we never see his face) is obviously withdrawn from his loss. The boy scoots by his father and attempts to comfort him and receives no reciprocation, so he scoots back, thus beginning his withdrawn childhood and his need to "purify" himself with the light that so reminds him of his mother and makes him forget the bad things he's done or the things he's scared of. Yessssss. We can do some great angles here, in addition to having Jensen's brilliant acting skills. Tentative filming date: October 29.

Buckley also suggested after this ever-so-light twisted tale of a psycho's addiction we're filming, we do an actual comedy, something we're most likely to be better at. I'm all for the mockumentary of the indie filmmaker filming a movie in a 10X10 shed. We laughed at least 1/4 of the way home about ideas for this comedy. I, of course, had no brain or creativity today so I could only laugh at his ideas. Come see me tomorrow. I'll have had more sleep by then.

BTW, Atkinson (if you are reading this), I think you have it in you to be an actor. We've wanted to do an office comedy for some time now (WAAAAAY before "The Office" came out). I think you should be in it. You seem a creative guy, plus you have the greatest facial expressions and body language. You're already halfway there! Want to help with this one, too (besides donating your car)?

2 Comments:

  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Marion Jensen said…

    My day is brighter when your blog appears in my RSS feed.

    I'm excited to see the movie begin to unfold. And I'm very excited about the comedy. I came up with some more ideas, and think it could be easy, and very funny.

    The only tactical error you've made is hiring that Jensen guy as your main actor. I know this guy and he's a hack. A hack, I say!

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i've is a contraction, so i think you're in the clear... hehe :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home