Don't look for your damned inspiration here!

Monday, October 17, 2005

I'm being cursed

So far on this lap band journey, I've been telling everyone that I was out for Kidney surgery and that's the reason for my restricted diet, recovery time, etc. Well, yesterday that lie came back to bite me. Hard. Right in the kidney.

I gave birth to a 5mm kidney stone which I think I'll call "Rocky," at about 12:00 AM this morning. It hurt like the dickens, but the morphine made it all better. And thank goodness for Percoset!

In light of this discovery, I made a rather disenchanting phone call to the Ogden clinic today. Remember how I thought I was bleeding internally? Ah, no. It was the stone doing it. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, and I did suspect it, but the doctor couldn't see it on her X-Ray so quickly dismissed it as surgery related. The E.R. doc said that sounded like a very uneducated guess. TRUE THAT! I call it an uncaring guess. She couldn't immediately tell what the problem was so she just cried surgery. So I made the call. And hopefully she'll be given a stern talking-to about it. The good news in all of this is that it passed 3 days before I go on vacation and not ON vacation (could you imagine the horror, the HORROR!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home