Don't look for your damned inspiration here!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Live Support Group = Falling asleep in class

Today at 10:00 AM I hauled myself down to SLC for my lap band support group. I, of course, was late, as usual, on account of my hair and not wanting to wake up early enough to curl it. So I enter the room as everyone stares at me. I know they're thinking, "Hot pink is RIGHT!" Just kidding. So I sat down (first mistake) and listened to the support group leaders talk my ears off. Support group, in my mind, means a group of people discussing questions and things of that nature. Nope. You get to listen, that's it. Not only do you have to listen, but you have to listen to them drone ON AND ON with information we've all already heard before. It went for 1.5 hours like this. I was nauseated, and not on account of the band. I'm going to write them a suggestion about this. I think their expertise is great, and I think they should definitely take 10 minutes or so to explain new things or tips and tricks, but for an hour and a half?

Okay, so I've been cheating with my eating. It's true. I've had a few baked potatoes, some tortilla soup where I had to chew the chicken, etc. Honestly, I don't feel bad about it. There has been no pain associated with any of these. I've never been able to stand eating the same thing over and over (with the exception of the amazing Sweet Pork salad at Costa Vida). So in one week and two days, I'm SO on solids.

The Salt Lake Symphony is not working out right now. I'm supposed to play for them once their lead violist goes on sabbatical, but she's freakin' not going! I refuse to play for the New American Symphony. If I'm going to be a music elitist I'm not going to play for a wanna-be symphony. Again, maybe I should just find myself some local jazz group and find out if I can play some new-age jazz viola for them. I can freak out in the key of a-tonal like the best of them. Plus, it's a cool sound that many jazz groups haven't even considered. I think a quartet is out for me. I've been in many a quartet, they like to play baroque. I like to play freaky new-age stuff, and jazz. But quartets like to play weddings, and gigs that, well... pay. I'm not interested in that.

Movie talk time: Buckley, you're right. This is a tough movie with so many scenes. You ARE going to do a lot of acting, but just practice those facial expressions in the mirror. I know that psychotic and endearing look nearly the same on you, but I think that's the beauty of it. Subtlety's the key. Just ONCE, however, I'd like to hear you say, "I'll be in my trailer!" Promise? The funeral scene is going to be freakin' amazing. But once we get the script treatment we may have to revise it. Any idea when that's coming? Oh yeah, and who's doing it again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home