Don't look for your damned inspiration here!

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Closet Optimist

I have a confession to make, and it pains me to do so. For nearly all the years of my life I've managed to present myself as a sarcastic, jaded woman. Even as a child my extended family thought there was something wrong with me because they didn't 'get' my sarcastic remarks. Pettys are simple folk; you have to talk slowly and use small words. Well, it's time for me to come out of the closet - I'm really a sheep in wolves clothing (cries uncontrollably).

It's true. I was outed today by a colleague after a "happy" cry, and I figured I'd better come clean. Yes, underneath it all I reallly DO love chick flicks, I like children, I voted for George Bush (bless his heart), and I think any given situation will turn out better than it usually does. It's hard keeping up this rough exterior, but the walls have GOT to come down. Oh, the FREEDOM!

I had fill #3 the other day. Given Thanksgiving is next week I opted for the 1.5cc fill instead of the 1.6cc fill. After Thanksgiving I'm going in and seeing if I can't convince them to do a 1.8cc fill. This 1.5cc fill worked well for about 3 days and then I was back to over a cup of food at a time with hunger between meals. I've lost nearly 30 pounds now (applaud loudly) and the scale is still moving! Man, I'm going to look so HOT! My reward: A 5-day stay at a Hawaiian resort followed directly by a 12-day luxury cruise around the Hawaiian islands. I've already begun lessons on the Huki Lao dance so that when the time comes, oh boy.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Marion Jensen said…

    I think closet optimists make the best cynics. How can you be truly bitter (or even feign bitterness) if you haven't harbored a secret desire for everything to come up roses? And if you are a perpetual optimist, then you can sustain that level of cynicism all your life.

    When you think about it, it's a freaking gift.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home