Don't look for your damned inspiration here!

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunday Shenanigans

Today was a very confusing day for me, and I'm not quite sure why. I was happy, I was sad. Maybe there's something I need to be doing but I'm not doing... but this I do know: I went in to see my bishop today and he told me that next week I can take the sacrament again. The whole conversation was pleasant and tearless up until that point. As soon as he said that my eyes welled up with tears and I couldn't hold back. It was as if an elephant had been taken off my shoulders and I couldn't believe how emotional I got when he said that to me. I don't think I ever truly appreciated the sacrament as much as I have in the past 6 weeks when I couldn't take it. This whole time I've been just really looking forward to the day I could take it again. Knowing that I can take it again is like starting a new chapter in my life. I am so incredibly grateful to know that Jesus Christ made it possible for me to repent. I know that we must exercise our faith unto repentance and draw closer to the Lord. Where would I be without this knowledge? I'd be so hopeless right now, not knowing that whatever happens, if I'm faithful and work hard, that His Grace will make up for what I lack, and that through that, I can be happy no matter what life's situation throws at me.

The lesson today in church was about charity, which is amazing because that's what I've been praying to understand all week. Charity is the pure love of Christ, and we should pray to be filled with this love with 'all the energy of heart.' Last week I got out of the counselor's office, feeling very unsure about my physical appearance, even ugly. It was weighing me down terribly. As I was walking along a mentally handicapped boy came up to me and said, "What's your name?" I said, "My name's Georgia." He said, "Hi, Georgia. My name's Mike. You're very beautiful," and continued to walk down the hall. I know that my Heavenly Father cares about what I care about. He wants me to feel happy and wanted, and that was an answer to a prayer through a boy who showed true charity.

Anyhow, that's pretty much it for a Sunday. I have hope for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home